Skip to main content

Full text of "2016 Emails Between Wilshire Center BID And The City Of LA or Tara Devine"

See other formats

Subject:  Re:  Fwd:  homeless  people  setting  up  tents  on  6th  Street  & Ardmore  Ave.  in  Los  Angeles
From:  "LUZ  BERMUDEZ"  <38268@lapd.lacity.org>

Date:  07/08/2016  11:34  AM

To:  "Wilshire  Center  BID"  <mike@wilshirecenter.com>

CC:  <qtwyll-jella@yahoo.com>

Hi  Mike  and  Jella,

Long  time  no  see  Mike,  I need  to  stop  by  to  say  hello.

Trust  me  when  I say  that  Cirrito  and  I are  aware  of  what's  going  on  but  as  you  know  we  need  to  get  sanitation  to  come  out  three  times  at  least  to  be  able
to  break  up  the  encampment.

What  I am  concern  about  is  the  possible  criminal  activity  involving  these  individuals.  They  are  the  group  that  was  at  Kingsley  between  6th  and  Wilshire  a
few  months  ago.  I think  they  are  responsible  for  bicycle  thefts  in  the  area  and  possible  burglaries  from  motor  vehicles.

Cirrito  is  back  to  20SL45  so  we  will  be  working  together  to  tackle  this  encampment  and  many  others  in  the  area.  Know  that  we  are  aware  and  working  on
a solution  along  with  Sanitation  and  the  now  bureau  wide  Homeless  Unit.

Again,  thank  you  for  getting  involved,

Officer  Lucy  Bermudez
Senior  Lead  Officer
Los  Angeles  Police  Department
Olympic  Division

(213)  382-9140  or  (213)  793-0773  Cell
E-mail  38268@LAPD.LACITY.ORG

Follow  Me  On  Twitter  @BermudezOfficer

Good  morning  SLO  Cirrito  & SLO  Bermudez,

I wanted  to  forward  you  the  email  below  from  a property  manager  about  the  encampments  near  6th  & Ardmore.

Thank  you,

Mike  Russell

Wilshire  Center  Business  Improvement  Corporation  (WCBIC)
mike@wilshirecenter.com

www.wilshirecenter.com

facebook.com/wilshirecenter

213-487-7003

3600  Wilshire  Blvd.,  Suite  1032
Los  Angeles,  CA  90010

Begin  forwarded  message:

From:  "Jella  N."  <atwvll-iella@vahoo.com>

Date:  July  7,  2016  at  5:52:38  PM  PDT

To:  "info@wilshirecenter.com"  <info@wilshirecenter.com>

Hi.  I noticed  recently  that  homeless  people  have  put  up  tents  on  the  corner  of  Ardmore  Ave.  & 6th  St.  It  used  to
have  only  one  or  two  tents  but  now  it  has  added  another  one  & some  bikes.  My  kids  are  now  scared  to  walk  in  the
area  because  of  the  homeless  people  especially  if  it's  dark.  Sometimes  at  nights,  there's  even  yelling  on  that
corner  where  the  homeless  are.

Is  there  a way  you  can  do  something  about  it  as  soon  as  possible  & relocate  them?  This  is  a business  & residential
district  & they  are  not  supposed  to  set  up  camp  in  a busy  intersection  like  that.  I will  also  alert  the  media  asap
regarding  this  matter  so  they  can  put  a spotlight  on  this  issue.

Sincerely,

Jella  Naguimbing